The Benefits of Swimming
Swimming is one of the best activities you can do and is a life skill that will help you from birth right the way into adulthood. It is one of the best exercises for burning calories and is low impact so there is minimal stress on your joints so it’s perfect if you’re recovering from an injury too. Not only this but regular swimming has been proven to lower your stress levels and reduce anxiety and depression.
Both Runnymede Leisure Centre and Waterside Farm Leisure Centre have a 6 lane 25 metre length swimming pool. We’ve also got a 12 metre teaching pool, perfect for young children to have fun and learn to swim.
In the Main Pool at both sites we’ve installed drowning detection technology to keep you even safer. The technology provides the Lifeguard team with underwater views of the swimming pool on screens that makes difficult views from above the water now easily visible. The system also tracks and alerts the lifeguard’s in position to any potential situations they may need to react to for an extra layer of safety.
Need a swimming costume or some goggles?
We’ve got everything you could need in our swim shop at reception at both of our sites ranging from swim nappies through to high end goggles and swimwear.
We’ve got accessible parking, lifts, changing places toilet and changing facilities and pool hoists available at both of our sites to make it easier to come swimming. We’ll do everything we can to help you have a great experience at our centres.
- All children under the age of 8 must be supervised by a parent, or adult over the age of 16 at all times whilst in the building.
- A ratio of 1 adult to 1 child under 8 can occur without a flotation aid in the swimming pool.
- A ratio of 1 adult to 2 children under 8 can occur with flotation aids on both children in the swimming pool.
- If a child over the age of 8 can swim, no adult supervision is required. We recommend that non swimmers over 8 should be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- If you have any medical conditions which may affect the enjoyment of your swim or personal safety, please let a member of staff know.